Executive Business Governance Adviser
Category: Women on Executive Committees in Multinationals
- MBA, majoring in business strategy and marketing.(Univ of Zim/Halifax Canada)
- Honours, B.Admin (Industrial Psychology). (Unisa)
- Bachelor of Business Administration. (Unisa)
- Diploma in HR/Training Management. (IPM SA)
- Diploma in Social Science. (Univ of Rhodesia)
- Chartered Director – Institute of Directors Southern Africa
- Fellow – Institute of Directors Southern Africa
- Fellow – Institute of Personnel Management, Zimbabwe
- Executive Trusted Adviser in corporate governance, executive leadership and strategy in the African continent.
- Independent non-executive chairman of Nedbank Zimbabwe Limited
- Independent non-executive chairman of National Tyres Services Zimbabwe limited
- Independent non-executive chairman of Lidwala Engineering Consultants SA Held CEO,
- Executive and non-executive board positions in many mainstream sectors in the southern African region over the past 35 years.
- Business growth strategies resulting in substantive expansion of Easigas Southern Africa Revenue, sales and assets
- Turnaround of Tepco Petroleum Limited through implementing effective management systems, operating strategies and results – oriented performance culture (2001/2).
- Business rationalisation of Mobil operations in Zimbabwe, Malawi, Zambia, Tanzania and(1983 – 85).
- Rationalisation of Times Media group and established a Management Services Division with Service Level Agreements within group operations. (1998 – 2000).
- Turnaround of Times Media Eastern Cape division trading(2000 – 01).
- Establishing McDonald’s South Africa from zero base including recruitment and training of the first 65 restaurant managers, 8 franchisees and opening the first 37 restaurants including employing 3000(1995 – 97).
- Launching Sunday World (first newspaper launch in SA for 14 years) and building a common culture with competent staff. (1999).
- Launching of Sportsday, the first sports daily newspaper in SA and its subsequent closure for non-(1999).
- Introducing formal strategic and succession planning in the Times Media group in 1998.
- Pioneering, planning and executing offshore investment projects for Times Media in Uganda, Swaziland, Zimbabwe, Botswana and Ghana.
- Authored first book published in 2001, “Signposts to Service Excellence – The African Paradigm”.
- Authored second book published in 2006, “The effective Cross-cultural manager”