Kendi Miaro Omol
I am an experienced and driven leader with a proven track record of driving growth by ensuring organizations are functioning in complete compliance with all national and international rules and regulations.
I lead the Gender Balance Network for East Africa at Sanofi implementing the gender inclusivity objectives at Sanofi in East Africa.
I have excellent communication skills, allowing for the cultivation of positive and mutually beneficial business relationships, providing strategic guidance on compliance, while keeping business integrity at the forefront of my goals. I am passionate about risk management, compliance, process improvement and leadership to results.
2015 – To date
- Head of Ethics and Business Integrity, (East, West and Southern Africa), WESA – Sanofi
- Gender Balance Network Lead, East Africa – Sanofi
Leading the Ethics and Business Integrity (EBI) Function in the region (WESA) including reporting to the Regional EBI lead and representing the EBI function and Management Committee level and Regional Country Leadership level.
- Design and implementation of the compliance programme (core elements of an effective compliance program) in ESA and NG-GH in line with the global compliance framework
- Strategic advisory and guidance to the management committee in the countries specifically to business unit heads.
2009 – 2014
- Senior Consultant, Audit, Risk and Compliance – Deloitte and KPMG
Identifying business and compliance risk areas, inefficient or ineffective business processes and work with client management in a cross- functional approach to streamline.
Gender and balance committee
Spearheading GB initiatives to achieve equal representation of women and men among our top leaders. Equipping the next generation of women leaders Building an environment ensuring equal opportunities for the benefit of all.
Sanofi is keen on harnessing the power of gender equality to foster and retain talents, spark innovation and solutions, all for the benefit of our patients.
Associations and Memberships
- Kenya Association for the Pharmaceutical Industry (KAPI) –Chair – Compliance Committee.
- Institute of internal auditors
Gender balance initiatives
- She for She Campaign – Sanofi East Africa Hub’s initiative to reach out to young women in society to support and encourage young women to take advantage of opportunities (In Progress)
- Challenge Your Bias Training – Ensure everyone understands their implicit biases and manages them to encourage objective decision making in creating opportunities for all.